This post may contain affiliate links, but all opinions are 100% my own.
Life has been a bit crazy lately. Eric is in the thick of his seminary classes now, and I’ve been kept pretty busy working on this blog. About a week ago, we decided to break away from our responsibilities and have a good old fashion date night.
We went out for pizza in downtown Winter Garden, and walked around, popping into shops along the way. It was so nice to get out and simply enjoy each others’ company. As hard as it is to step away from our to-do lists, it important. We definitely need to do more of that.
Here’s what piqued my interest this week.
1. For the last couple of weeks Eric and I have been hooked on the show Hawaii Five-0. I used to watch reruns of the original episodes with my family growing up. Its a great crime-fighting thriller, and with the setting in O’ahu, of course it has me longing for another beach day (like everything else seems to do as well).
2. I definitely prefer walking to running, and lately I’m made it more of a priority to take walking breaks throughout my workday. Usually I take 2 brief walks a day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. It helps me to get away from the computer, take in the fresh air, and clear my mind. Our office building is actually right on the lake and attached to a campground, so it makes for a great setting.
3. Actually, walking through the campground so much has got me reminiscing back on some of my favorite campgrounds my family has stayed at through the years. Cades Cove in the Great Smoky Mountains NP, Tamarisk Grove in the Anza-Borrego Desert SP, and Bright Angel Campground in the Grand Canyon NP are a few of my favorites.
4. During part of my quiet time with the Lord, I’ve been reading from Timothy Keller’s, God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life: A Year of Daily Devotions in the Book of Proverbs. I’m currently borrowing it from a friend, hoping to get my own copy to add to our bookshelves soon. Keller highlights one or two verses from Proverbs each day; digging deeper into its meaning and explaining the application it can have on our lives. I’ve really appreciated how it dives into one concept from Scripture that I can then think on throughout the day.
5. So far I’ve been doing pretty good at keeping on track with my April goals. I know I’m only about a week in, but its important to start strong, right?
Get my 25 FREE Best Budget Travel Tips!
My go-to tactics for saving money while traveling.
Use them on your next trip!